Monday, April 24, 2006

To All Who Come to this Happy Place, Welcome!


And welcome to all who have heard that dedication WAY too many times (you know who you are). Allow me to introduce myself: I am FiddlersGreen, Disney Fan and entertainment fanatic extraordinaire. I have created the blog that stands before you in the hopes that all who visit may have a better understanding of what makes the Disney parks and animated movies so very, very good, and hopefully gain a new insight on what Disney can do to improve its enterprizes for the future.

Personally, I've been a Disney fan for my entire life, and you will find that all other contributors to this site are have also been tied to Disney for longer than they care to remember. I have visited Walt Disney World at least once a year for my entire life, and Disneyland almost as many. My movie collection features extensive Disney animated movies, and you will find that I have more than enough passion for both animation and Imagineering. Put simply, Disney has inspired me more than any other company ever will, and I hope to carry around its history and values through whatever life choice I care to make.

We all hope to have a little fun, and encourage viewers to comment or disagree with the various postings. Along the way, we hope to uncover some truths about Disney's past (including the oh-so-interesting history of certain attractions), as well as provide hope for the future. Who knows, maybe some day I'll actually put all these thoughts down in a book. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, eh?


In the past, I've voiced my opinions on certain discussion forums, and I encourage others to spread the word on what Disney means to them. Though our opinions may differ, I hope that we realize we do this because we love Disney.

Now, come with us, to a world of joyous song and wondrous miracles! Please stand clear of the doors.

(Sings copywrited song, not printed here for fear of lawsuit)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home